HI Specialist Teaching Assistant
20 hours per week
Fixed term until July 2022
(with a possibility of extending when the new HI Resource Provision
opens in Sept 2022)
Term time only Salary: £10,346 - £11,328
Newlands Primary are looking for an additional specialist teaching assistant who is proficient and has experience using British Sign Language (BSL) to start in January 2020. You will be required to support and assist with the development of students with hearing impairments. The role will be a combination of class-based support as well as withdrawal for specialist interventions under the guidance of the class teacher and Teacher of the Deaf.
• Certified in British Sign language (BSL) – minimum level 1 qualification with a willingness to take on level 2
• Have excellent deaf awareness skills
• Experience working with children
• Experience working with hearing impaired – minimum 1 year (preferred)
• Have a passion and love for working with children
• Be dedicated, engaging and inspiring
• Be committed to ensuring pupils make good sustained progress
• Inspire pupils to reach their full potential through engaging and stimulating teaching
• Assist and support the classroom teacher with their day to day running of a class.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires an enhanced DBS.
For further information or informal enquiries, please contact: Jo Halsey, Deputy Headteacher or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 07/12/2020
Apply here: https://www.rlfederation.net/job-opportunities/hi-specialist-teaching-assistant